Radiesse Pre Procedure Instructions
Avoid taking Aspirin, Non-steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDS) such as Motrin, Vitamin E, Fish Oil, Ginger, Ginko, Bilboa, Ginseng, and Garlic 10-14 days prior to the procedure. These drugs and herbs may cause excessive bleeding or bruising.
There is no need to wear make-up to the office. We will need to clean your face for your injections.
Radiesse Post-Procedure Instructions
- Avoid excessive heat such as saunas, hot showers, the hot sun or cooking over a hot stove. This may cause the blood vessels to dilate and cause more bleeding and bruising.
- Avoid strenuous exercise after the procedure. This may raise your blood pressure and pulse causing more bruising and swelling.
- Avoid direct sunlight for prolonged periods of time. Wear sunblock to protect your skin. Sunlight may cause permanent discoloration after bruising.
- Avoid drinking alcohol for 24 hours after treatment. Alcohol may cause the blood vessels to dilate and cause more bruising.
- Avoid taking Advil, Vitamin E, Ginger, Ginko, Bilboa, Ginseng, and Garlic for 2 weeks after the procedure since this may increase the risk of bruising. You may shower and do most other regular daily activities.
- You may apply Make-up after the procedure.
- You may apply cold compresses to the treatment sites to reduce swelling and bruising.
- We recommend Arnica Montana pills or gel to prevent bruising.
- Note that any bumps or marks from the extremely small needle sticks will go away within a few hours. If you do develop a bruise it will resolve like any other bruise. There is occasionally some mild pain, swelling, itching, or redness at the site of injection similar to most other injections. Redness may last for 1-2 days, rarely longer.
- Radiesse is a temporary procedure. In most people the benefits of Radiesse last about 12-18 Months.